Rome, 8-12 June 2020.
The website for this event has been migrated.
Please refer to
for all informations.
The conference follows the very successful LSST@EUROPE1 (Cambridge), 2 (Belgrade) and 3 (Lyon) workshops organized in 2013, 2016 and 2018 to foster the European participation to the LSST projects, as well as the analogous LSST@ASIA organized in 2019 for the Asian, Australian and African communities.
The LSST project is moving forward in the construction phase, and activities in the LSST Science Collaborations (Solar System; Stars, the Milky Way and Local Volume; Transients and Variable
Stars; Galaxies; AGN; Strong Lensing; Dark Energy and Informatics and Statistics) are vibrant and involve a significant European participation.
The recent adoption of an “in-kind” contribution to regulate the access of International participants to the project clearly represents a major paradigm shift for the participation of the European astronomical community, with the existing agreements that need to be re-negotiated by mid-2021. The LSST@EUROPE4 conference, being located right in the middle of this path, provides the community with a perfect opportunity to discuss proposals and plans.
In this framework, the main objectives of LSST@EUROPE4 are to:
- provide an update of the status of the LSST Project;
- foster the participation of European scientists to the activities of the Science Collaborations;
- discuss the opportunities and proposals for European participantsto help shape the “in-kind” contributions for the development of the LSST project;
- discuss potential common initiatives at the European level to support the participation of European scientists to LSST;
- provide an update on the planned release of LSST data products of different levels;
- discuss LSST science drivers: current perspectives and future developments;
- explore synergies with other facilities, with a special emphasis on European ones.
Many organisational details are still being sorted out. More complete information will be available from September 2019. Mark the date!