Women scientists gave relevant contributions in the italian syncrotron radiation research, since the early days. The first european synchrotron radiation experiment was performed at the 1GeV Frascati electro-synchrotron in 1963 by an international collaboration directed by Yvette Cauchois . Marta Cremonese, director of the X-ray laboratory of ISS, directed the synchrotron radiation group "Sanità Luce"  in 1967-1969 and Cucolo of Naples universty, was the first student at the group "Solidi Roma" in Frascati. The number of women scientists in synchrotron radiation research was growing during the second half of the seventies and many contributed to key experiments [3-6] of the ‘PULS’ project, (1975-1987) during the gold era of Frascati synchrotron research when Frascati rised to the level of a world leader of X ray spectroscopy using the 1.5 GeV Adone storage ring.
1. Cauchois Y., Bonnelle C., et al, Compt. Rend. Acad. Sci. 257, 409 (1963).
2. Barchewitz, M Cremonese-Visicato et al - J. Phys. C: Solid Stale Phys.. 11, 4439 (1978).
3. Belli, M.); Scafati, A.; et al. - Solid State Communications 35, 355 (1980),
4. F. Sette, P. Perfetti, F. Patella, C. Quaresima, C. Capasso, et al.- Phys.Rev.B 28,4882, ,(1983)
5. Durham, P., Bianconi, A., Congiu‐Castellano, A., Giovannelli, A., Hasnain, S. S., Incoccia, L., Morante S., Pendry, J. B. -The EMBO journal, 2, 1441 (1983).
6. Balerna A., E.Bernieri, P.Picozzi, A.Reale, S.Santucci, E.Burattini, S.Mobilio Phys. Rev.B, 31, 3038 (1985)