ESPM-16 social program
All the events listed below are included in the ESPM-16 registration fee.
Monday 6/9/2021 welcome buffet: the welcome buffet will be held at the "Loggiato del Rettorato", via Giuseppe Verdi 8, first floor. The welcome reception will start around 6 PM and will end at 7:30 PM.
Wednesday 8/9/2021 social excursions: the afternoon will be dedicated to social excursions, with a choice among 5 different possibilities listed below. Limited places are available for each on of the proposed excursions, so we suggest to book in advance with the registration to the meeting.
All the excursions will start approximately at 14:30 and will last 5 hours.
1) Guided visit to the "Costa di Bussia" wine production estate, followed by tasting of local wines. Visit to the Barolo village located at the heart of the "Barolo" wine production region. The places are located at about 70-80 km from Turin, and will be reached by bus (one hour trip one way).
2) Guided visit to the historical city centre of Turin (2 hours) and guided visit to the Egyptian Museum (2 hours). The trip will be a walking tour around the city centre and the Museum, guided by professional Guides provided by the "Turismo Torino e Provincia Convention Bureau".
3) Guided visit to the historical Savoia Racconigi Castle, followed by a visit to the Park and the Racconigi town. The visit will include the first and second noble floor, and the kitchen of the Castle. The places are located at about 40-45 km from Turin, and will be reached by bus (45 minutes trip one way).
4) Guided visit to the Royal Palace of Venaria, with a visit to the Park and the Venaria Reale town. The visit will include the noble floor with the famous "Sala di Diana", and the gardens. The places are located at about 12-13 km from Turin, and will be reached by bus (30 minutes trip one way).
5) Guided visit to the facilities in Thales Alenia Space and ALTEC Industries. The visit will include the ExoMars Integration Room, Euclid, and Cygnus Production Room (Thales), the Rocc-Rover Operations Control Centre and ExoMars Mission control Room (ALTEC). The visit, with duration of 1.5-2 hours, will be also followed by a visit to the Planetarium of Turin, located nearby the INAF-Turin Astrophysical Observatory.
Thursday 9/9/2021 social dinner: the ESPM-16 social dinner will be held at the "Palazzo della Luce" (Via Antonio Bertola, 40, 10122 Torino TO), located in the city centre at walking distance (12 minutes) from the conference venue.